Memory Seat - it can't remember it's owner :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

drdjin

This is an on-going problem for me for that past 14 months. Since I've stumbled across this site, I thought I should seek for some words of wisdom here.

My memory seat suffers spontaneous amnesia. Allow me to elaborate...
At times, the memory seat on LR3 will suddently remember me until either my assisntant or my wife gets in the driver's seat with "MY" key. I'm 5'11", and the other two are about 5'4", therefore they will move the seat all the way up the steering hub.
My dealer have tried to repair it numerous times. Everytime it seem to be successful in the begining, but I could just enjoy the convenience until my assistant or my wife touches it. (NO, they did not change the setting)
Furthermore, even without the ladies intervention, there were times where the outside mirrors seemed to move to a higher position.
Am I the only one having this issue?

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
Does it forget you when pressing the memory buttons or when you unlock the car? Is lazy entry on for your key?
What could be happening is that lazy entry is on for your key. The position the seat is in when the key is turn off it will remember and return to that position when the car is unlocked again as the memory positions (123) are not tied to the key.

X

xcursion

The seat memmory is key dependent. It the "lazy entry" feature. I am not sure I am reading your problem correctly. But there are 3 seating position that can be set into memmory. How about one for each of you? Or ask your wife to use the other key to drive and set that key's memmory to your wife's position.

And the mirror is a little whack. My goes out of position sometime after it return from dipping in reverse. Just have to press the seat memmory button to get it back.

D

drdjin

Yes the problem is with "Lazy Entry". The feature in turn-on, but for what ever the reason, it just simply can't remember once those two gets in the car. I have tried to move the seat to different positions, somehow, the damn memory could only remember where the 2 ladies left off. BTW, yes, the buttons 1,2,3, do remember, and will return you to the correct position. My dealer thought it was the problem with the key. They changed all of our keys, and the problem still exist.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to have problems with Lazy Entry; it works for us. It's "stored" when removing the specific keyfob from the ignition, to my knowledge.

This is the somewhat odd procedure some dealers passed around for customers. Not sure it all makes sense:

• Set all seat/mirror memory presets (1, 2 & 3) - at this point do not worry about the key function.
• Turn on the Lazy Entry option using the IP's setting menu.
• Turn key on and select preset 1 (the one you want to program to the specific key) - once the seat/mirror position is reached, store preset 1 again. Turn key off and remove from ignition.
• Insert same key and turn back on, press preset 2 or 3 and wait until the seat/mirror travels fully to its preset position... then press preset 1 again and wait until the seat reaches its full travel position. Turn key off and remove from ignition.
• Test Lazy Entry function by pressing unlock once (after moving seat/mirror to a different position from what you stored)

This can all be done with the driver's door open and there is no need to lock and unlock the doors or start the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99