Memory seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Werrea

Reaction score
I searched and can't find the answer.

2008 HSE. We only have one key so disabled lazy entry. I programmed my wife to 1 and me to 2. When we first got it lazy was on and when you turned off key it would move seat back and raise steering wheel.

Now it doesn't move seat or raise steering wheel up when key is turned off.

Is steering wheel a memory function? Are mirrors supposed to move for each driver by selecting memory button on seat.

Or are these features just part of lazy entry?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least on my 2013 LR4 (which doesn't have Lazy Entry at all), the electric steering wheel adjustment switch has got an "Auto" and a "Manual" position. If you flip it in the Auto position, the steering wheel will raise and the driver's seat will ease back a bit to facilitate entry / exit. If you don't want seat and steering wheel to move, you flip the switch to the "Manual" (steering wheel icon) position. Perhaps you inadvertently flipped that switch on yours.

Steering wheel and side view mirrors position should be recalled whenever you select a different memory button on the seat, if you performed a memory save on that button after positioning both to your liking.

Werrea

Reaction score
At least on my 2013 LR4 (which doesn't have Lazy Entry at all), the electric steering wheel adjustment switch has got an "Auto" and a "Manual" position. If you flip it in the Auto position, the steering wheel will raise and the driver's seat will ease back a bit to facilitate entry / exit. If you don't want seat and steering wheel to move, you flip the switch to the "Manual" (steering wheel icon) position. Perhaps you inadvertently flipped that switch on yours.

Steering wheel and side view mirrors position should be recalled whenever you select a different memory button on the seat, if you performed a memory save on that button after positioning both to your liking.

That's it. Awesome! Thank you for taking time to reply.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635