Memory Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey count, the door panel is pretty simple to pull as I did it a bunch of times to remove my speakers a few years back. I remember popping off the silver trim pieces by the door handles, the plastic cover inside the lock lever handle, and unscrewing the screws exposed behind these covers and additional one at the top left edge of the door panel.

After that, you just pulled the door panel off starting at the bottom, loosening the clips until the panel comes off all the way around. There are 2 light wires and the door locking mechanism that you easily detach on the back of the panel to finally disconnect it from the door.

Sorry I don't have pics but if you are ever seriously considering pulling your panel off, send me a PM and I can give you a call to walk you through it.

That's awesome, thanks for that. Looks pretty straight forward. I've taken others apart but this one feels so solid and fitted - but seems ok. Thank you!

Steeler28546

Reaction score
That's awesome, thanks for that. Looks pretty straight forward. I've taken others apart but this one feels so solid and fitted - but seems ok. Thank you!

I realize this thread is a bit old, my wife bought a new 2013 LR4 and I got in to set my controls up when I realized it doesn't have them! I can't fathom how an ~$60k SUV doesn't have this standard!

I don't drive hers often but when I do I would for at least the seats to have memory recall. Did you figure out if the wiring is there and you just need to install the module in the door panel?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this thread is a bit old, my wife bought a new 2013 LR4 and I got in to set my controls up when I realized it doesn't have them! I can't fathom how an ~$60k SUV doesn't have this standard!

I don't drive hers often but when I do I would for at least the seats to have memory recall. Did you figure out if the wiring is there and you just need to install the module in the door panel?
My 2011 was an HSE and I was also disappointed that it did not have memory seats. When I ordered my 2013, I knew I wanted the HSE Lux for the memory seats (and other additions). I know I asked the dealership and an independent LR garage to give me details and pricing on installing the memory feature and it ended up being a crazy amount of money. If I remember right, LR told me around $4,000.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is absolutely CRAZY that memory seats don't come standard in the LR4 at any trim level. Even with the lux you only get drivers side memory. That is still true for the 2014.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up on this pursuit as well. It is ridiculous.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 was an HSE and I was also disappointed that it did not have memory seats. When I ordered my 2013, I knew I wanted the HSE Lux for the memory seats (and other additions). I know I asked the dealership and an independent LR garage to give me details and pricing on installing the memory feature and it ended up being a crazy amount of money. If I remember right, LR told me around $4,000.

With the 2013 LR2 HSE you get a 6 position memory seat with the HSE lux you get an 8 position seat.

I had to get the LUX version as they had no plain HSE left for the end of year 2013

They did give me a 2k loyalty bonus though

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112