Monochromatic Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95classic

Hi all,
The rearview mirror in my 95 RRC is begining to look like the monochromaic fluid is "leaking" out of it. There is a circular area on the mirrow that is clear without the protective filler to dim the light reflections. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had ordered a new or used one from a company, and which company had them and for how much.

Any help will be appreciated. I haven't called the dealership yet, I am guessing I do not want to hear what they are charging for a new one.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a while, Magna Donnelly was the parts supplier, and if you contacted them they would replace your mirror with a non-fluid-based model, for free.

Do a search here, I know the thread's out there.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
They no longer replace for free, unless the vehicle is still under the factory warrenty, but they are the ones who manufactured it.... not cheap to replace with new one, unless you just remove and add one from the local auto parts store.

http://www.donnelly.com/contactus.asp

95classic

Thank you for your help Moose and Joey, I called Donnelly and left a message for a call back. I will try my hardest to get a replacement at less than retail cost. It's ten years old, but maybe they will still honor a portion of a warranty....Or maybe I'm just dreaming!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72