More AC/climate control questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So lately on the LR3 I've noticed somethings...
1. Climate control knobs not working at all- fixed with replacing the blower control module
2. Hearing a lot of noises from behind the dash- the "farts"- whenever the temperature is adjusted
3. Takes a while to react to temp change or won't react at all unless I mess with the knob a bit (ex. I want to go from 60 deg to 72, nothing will happen then go to 76, it'll warm up then to I switch to 72 and then it works)
4. Sometimes the vents blow slightly different temps

Any thoughts? Thanks!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The farts is a common problem. It' a dash out job.

LTB00103 VIN-range: 000256-450440

A squeak/squeal noise is heard a few seconds after pressing the recirculation button on the control panel, it can also be heard when the recirculation feature operates automatically.

Cause: Due to dust contamination of the lubricating grease, the noise is generated by the movement between the two resin linkages, between the recirculation blend door actuator and motor. Suggested Customer Concern Code - C20.
NOTE: In normal circumstances a modified actuator rod (JEH 500020 and JEH 500010) will need to be installed. Should the need arise to replace the recirculation blend door actuator (JNC 500050 and JNC 500040) then the new actuator rod will already be installed, and must only be fitted if a new recirculation blend door actuator is required

That is where I would start, and then go from there.

It's possible there is a temperature sensor issue as well.

It would also be worth while inspecting your cowl for warping, and check out your cabin air filter for water damage, or being plugged.

For your money, replace the whole thing, it's too big of a job to do twice.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a good chance of this getting worse and severely impairing the function of the whole climate control system? Reason I ask is because Saturday I'm leaving on a trip and need to take either the LR3 or the Grand Cherokee and would not want to be without air flow haha. Thanks.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it is fairly impaired now, but I wouldn't expect a dramatic failure. I'd just book it and have it done. I think it was 520 bucks when I did it. Most of it labor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112