Muffler replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwb1266

Reaction score
For a 92 Rover LSE. If I order a new center and rear muffler online, can it be replaced easily or should I just have it done at midas? The after marlet ones online, do they came with bends identical to the factory mufflers?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have ever done any muffler work, you can do the work yourself... otherwise I recommend you take it to someone, and you don't need the rear resonator, unless you really want it... if going for quite sound, buy a good muffler, if you want cheap, go with a glass pack and listen to the noise :biggrin:

jwb1266

Reaction score
Will the aftermarket mufflers be ready to put in or will they require bending? Oh and I saw that you removed your abs fuse. Where is it and is the breaking still good?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Aftermarket mufflers do not require bending, but you may need to do some work to the pipes to make everything fit if the old one rusted off.

I haven't had a breaking issue in 4 years, unless you count when the brakes need replacing and it makes noise...

Just remember I am not a lawyer and would never recommend you remove the ABS fuse (30 amp under the hood) but I have done it and it works wonderful...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635