My Disco looks so wicked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Disco looks so wicked. Here's an easy customization tip for all of you out there: Get some LED 194 bulbs and replace the stock 194 bulbs in your headlights. I put a pair of blue LEDs in the headlights and when the parking lights are on the entire headlight just glows an evil blue. My car looks right out of the future... it's totally sick looking and it cost like $10. Plus when the headlights are on you still see a faint blue spot but it's not noticable until you have just the parking lights on in the dark.

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
Sounds good, just be careful, in some states, like West Virginia where I live, it's illegal to have any kind of Blue lights on your vehicle. They're reserved for Law Enforcement only. So just check before you put them on, the $10 lights may end up costing $150 or so in fines. But if they're legal where you are, go for it.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any pics??

I'm not sure if I understand which bulbs you replaced. Do you have a D1 or D2?

Sounds cool though

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Disco 1. There are small 194 lights in the headlamp if you look closely. I didn't even know they were there til just now. They are pretty subtle. I wanted to put blue blinkers in but I decided that was over the top and asking for a ticket, so I might just go with some "subtle" all reds. shhhhh.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet

I'll have to do some investigating for these on my D1. Thanx

:)

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the little bulbs in the headlights when I bought my Rover. One of them has wire loose. I always assumed that they were driving lights, which are mandatory here in Canada. Not bright enough to see by at night when driving, but just bright enough that other people can you coming in the daylight. If driving lights are not mandatory in the USA, then I would imagine that some, or many, USA models don't have these little lights. I don't know. Prove me wrong folks.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think all the disco 1's in the US have these little lights. They only come on when you click the light switch once. You can't really see them unless it's dark, and when the headlights are on it covers them up.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The little lights are parking lights in the USA, and have a daytime running light setup to the same lights in Canada or any country requiring daytime running lights.

The only major difference in any Disco that I have seen is NA get non-diesel and everywhere else gets diesel.

S

Stupidjeep

My 96 has the sockets, too. I put blue 194s in there about 6 months ago. It seems a little childish to run around with just the blue lights on, but i used them when I had the factory whitish-yellow headlights. The little lights would give the headlights just enough tint to not look like some 60W yard tractor lamps.

Chris--D1, CB lift and MT/Rs

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo