My LR3 is comming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sgllr3

So we're making the plunge and joining the Rover family.

Our baby is due this week, '06 black and tan HSE.

Now, it's my wife's (it's not mine, I swear!) and we have 2 youngsters. The dealer is promoting some sort of glaze - "finishing touch," exterior and interior - that they promise will make removing any fluids my kids can generate a no hassel process or they replace the car part. Exterior coat prevents oxidation. Has anyone tried it. Is it a scam?

Since it is a truck, I plan to use it. Anybody know of easy/beginner (I really dont want to scratch it up that much) fun trails or parks in Southern California, or even Ventura County?

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, hope your new baby doesn't come with birth defects :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell us if you miss the lumbar support the '05 had.

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever plan to drive as far as Big Bear Lake for weekend off roading, send me an email and I will fill you in on the local easy mountain trails for a start. They will be interesting yet not scratch you up.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first had a horn on it's head and an arm on it's back...

S

sinned

look up little creek road, it's in the san bernardino area on the 15 North...

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
sgllr3 said:
The dealer is promoting some sort of glaze - "finishing touch," exterior and interior - that they promise will make removing any fluids my kids can generate a no hassel process or they replace the car part. Exterior coat prevents oxidation. Has anyone tried it. Is it a scam?

IMHO any of these process are a scam esp exterior.

For more information than you ever want to know about detailing, paint protection, interior protection etc. try www.autopia.org.

S

sgllr3

Thanks for all the input.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's going to be a recall on my car before I even get it!
(see thread re: parking pawl. My car's VIN falls within the listed #s.)

Talk about a tease!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer won't release the car before it's fixed? I assume it's a quick replacement, so there shouldn't be much of a delay... unless the part(s) are unavailable. D'oh!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgllr3, I'm curious how the LR3 market is doing now... On your HSE, what options did you get and what did you pay? Are dealers still only minimally discounting? And, of course, where are you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM