My pricing for a Lux Plus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jattea

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for guidance, I just purchased a Lux Plus, and I wanted to share the deal I got (after much haggling), in case anyone is wondering how much dealers are willing to move off MSRP...

First, I had a trade-in (an '05 LR3 HSE with 80k miles) - the KBB trade in value was $16,000-$16,700 depending on condition. They offered $16.3k, and I eventually got them up to $16.5k.

Because I own a LR, I got $1,000 loyalty off the top - this isn't advertised anywhere, so make sure you get this... I got another $1,000 for financing a portion of the purchase (36 months at 0.9%).

Including those discounts, I got it for $1,000 over invoice, no delivery fee. That's about $5,200 off the MSRP.

I'm pretty happy with that deal... They probably are too, since they still get my $1,000 profit plus the loyalty discount and a kickback from financing.

Hope this helps someone else get a good deal! I'm pretty excited about the new acquisition...

Jenson

Reaction score
My dealer is telling me there is no difference between financing and outright buying. I thought there was a discount for financing. Did you get that discount? thanks

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is supposed to be $1,500 from Chase for financing. It doesn't have to be shared with the buyer, so it sounds like your dealer is keeping it for himself.

jattea

Reaction score
My dealer is telling me there is no difference between financing and outright buying. I thought there was a discount for financing. Did you get that discount? thanks

My dealer started by saying the same thing, but after we had negotiated for a while, he said he'd be able to share $1,000 of the 'kickback' they get from LR financial.

I also heard about the $1,500 Chase financing saving, but I don't think their terms were as favorable. LR Financial is offering 0.9% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48, and 2.9% for 6.0%.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the details of your deal Jattea. Did you buy your car out of dealer's inventory or did they swap it from another dealer, or did you order it? It seems like most of dealer's stock are not Lux Plus.

jattea

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the details of your deal Jattea. Did you buy your car out of dealer's inventory or did they swap it from another dealer, or did you order it? It seems like most of dealer's stock are not Lux Plus.

They got it from another dealer (in Boston I think). It was the only LP in Rimini Red in the country. Apparently there aren't many Lux Pluses out there.

I considered ordering it, but the dealer said there's a 3-4 month wait currently - I confirmed that on the disco3.co.uk website.

My dealer isn't even ordering Lux or Lux Plus models. They say they're selling mostly SE models, which they can do for $49,990 out the door (including 8.75% sales tax, fees, etc.)

I'm going to pick it up in about a half hour! I'll post pics later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4