navigation POIs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my 2005 LR3 with factory nav. does anyone know....

1) how to get POIs to show on map. for some reason they are not showing.
2) can you list POI near your location for an entire category? like all restaurants? i can only get it to list somethin if i know the name of it.
3) best place to get the new 2006-07 dvd to update maos and POI

thanks

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to just hit the voice-tabber and say "Navigation Restaurant" or "Navigation Petrol" and the corresponding icons for those POIs should appear. You have to be at a certain zoom-level though and it will let you know if you are zoomed out too far.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything 1/4 mile or under will show the POIs.

To get the POIs to show up, hit the upper right hand button on the NAV screen...if there isn't a button there, press that area anyway and a new row of button's will pop up on the bottom of your screen. One of them is POI.

On the POI menu you can now select 5 or 6 quick POI buttons you can define or search through all the different POI categories available. For instance...you can choose "All Restaurants" or you can just narrow it down to "Seafood" or "Italian."

In my case, I tend to keep REST AREAS and PARKS on all the time (hey, I like parks). But then I only turn on Restaurants or Gas Stations when I'm looking for one of them.

You can also enter a POI as a destination....if you enter "Burger King" for POI name in your destination list...it will list the closest BKs in your area which you can set as a Way-Point. If you click on each, you'll see its position on a map so that you can keep looking for a better one if it is not right off the highway, for instance. Of course, none of this is useful without the 1791 hack.

Good luck!

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, voice seemed to work. Nav shows all restaurants on map now. SOme are recognizable like BK and Italian flag for italian but many are just fork and spoon. i tried clicking on them to pull up restaurant description, address, etc and couldnt figure out how to see it.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you just hover over them with the center navigation icon, the POI description will come up.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this may sound stupid but how do you move the center navigation icon around?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with yer finger !

...just press and hold and the pointer will move there.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the help i am getting hang of it now. the manual didnt come with the thing for some reason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge