Need Help! DVD and Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2006 LR3 SE7 and it came with a Rosen DVD player. It plays DVDs fine but there is no sound...When I press the sound button it ask me to turn to 88.1 and when I do I get nothing?????

Also, I have an iphone and when I pair it to the Rover there is no problem, but again I can't get sound through the speakers.

I noticed under the cubby box between the passenger and driver seat there seemed to be a module at one point in time. Is this the piece to the missing puzzle? and if so how much does it cost?

Thanks,
C

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your problem is (I dont have a DVD player yet), but the module under the cubby box is unrelated. the empty socket is for a specific nokia phone. Its part of the telephone integration option package. Most just use bluetooth.

Have you tried switching the radio to AUX? I think the dvd player is also hardwired. If that fails, just make them wear the headphones ;-)

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - Im not clear from you post, is there no sound from the speakers during calls on yourr iphone? My iphone/LR3 bluetooth pair wont do music or VM, but calls sound great. The stereo in phone mode has its own volume setting. When connected, try turning up the volume (maybe its set to zero).

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that but on the stereo, but I'm sure I turned it completely up....

Thanks!

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing worked so i guess the next step is the dealership!

rocksts

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 06 LR3:mad:.In my truck to get sound from the rosen dvd i had to plug in an open headphone jack in the center consol aux jack,then switch radio to aux and turn up vol.just check speaker setting on the dvd player it should be on external speakers.Hope this helps good luck:biggrin:

Ratcliff

Reaction score
Does the sound work with the radio? My LR3 had all sound stop mysteriously a couple of weeks ago. I pulled out the manual and removed, checked and replaced all fuses that seemed to relate to anything audio. I cut the car back on and it has worked ever sense. Since there were 6 or 7 fuses I was never quite sure which one was the probloem, but for now my trouble shooting is complete. It is worth a try and a hell of a lot cheaper than the dealer. Good luck!

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - Im not clear from you post, is there no sound from the speakers during calls on yourr iphone? My iphone/LR3 bluetooth pair wont do music or VM, but calls sound great. The stereo in phone mode has its own volume setting. When connected, try turning up the volume (maybe its set to zero).

BTW I've noticed in the iPhone 3.0 release VM now plays over the handsfree in the car. A new problem however is when you switch your phone over to iPhone sound instead of Land Rover, it keeps the music paused.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried checking the fuses and no success...I wish I could use 3.0, but my phone is unlocked with T-mobile, so I'm waiting to be able to use 3.0.

I broke down and it's in the shop since Monday and they can't get it to work either....

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
I have the Rosen DVD player and for me it was user-error not having sound. You tune your stereo to AUX. Then on the DVD player itself there is a button to select sound for headphones, sound off or sound AUX/External Speakers I think it's called...It's on the right side of the player...It wasn't a low sound issue but just making sure I had all the right settings selected...it is rather frustrating until you figure it out...I'll try to post a photo later of the button to select

I have the issue with Bluetooth and iPhone also...can't seem to pair my iPhone with the LR3 though...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4