Need help finding picture of that LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

Insomnia

that was customized by a company. It was black, had black painted plastic/lowered/low profile tires and custom rims. I remember the link was posted somewhere to their website. They do other cars as well. Thanks for any help. Best, INsom

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pimpin'

I don't consider that to be a Land Rover!

Sorry.

S

snwbrdn

I wholeheartedly agree, Echoes. I love style points, but save that one for the Escalade crowd, which incidentally, I have never seen on any of the offroad trails I take in the Rockies. A Land Rover doesn't have exhaust pipes that drag on the curb when you get home. Not to mention 22" wheels on the boulders, which brings me to an off point: I also don't consider those toy Goodyear HP tires on the 19" OEM HSE wheel, "Land Rover" either. I am so frustrated I can't get the Goodyear MT/R 255/55/19 here in the states, as is on the G4 version. I'd even take an A/T tire from BFGoodrich or Nitto. Who dropped the ball on this one? I have emailed all 3 above mentioned tire manufactuers recently about this size and I encourage anyone else that wants a more aggressive tire for the HSE to do the same. I know I can borrow from my kid's college fund to import them from the U.K., or buy smaller wheels, but I don't think that should even be an issue for the "World's greatest off road vehicles".

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny: Posting a pic of my truck next to that one :biggrin:

One side, a battered, dented, cut, unwashed and muddy lifted 1996, with mud tires.
The other, that thing.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember when 16" was the super-size option over the standard 15"? I don't know why we (america) got so hung up with trying to make these beasts corner like a 'vette instead of bounce over boulders - or even curbs. I've called a few tire mfgr's and they don't seem too interested in making this size. Seems the only option is going to 285's. By the way, does anybody know if you can get a 285mm 'skinny' spare anywhere? I was thinking that aired down that might fit in the spare well nicely.

34RoveR

Say what you will about the exterior of that vehicle but I'll take some of those headrest monitors for my dvd player thank you.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headrest monitors aren't anything special. Any local installer can put very small screens in them... but it's not a good idea in my opinion. (Bad angle, too small, etc.)

M

meyersd

Does it talk, and does it have a Turbo Boost button like the Knight Industries 2000? That's like putt:stupid: ing chrome rims on a Yugo. What's the point?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635