New 2004 Disco SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

edeckerpc

:hello:

Just got one this week and I'm loving it. I have wanted one forever and now I've got it. Coming off a 2000 Toyo Taco that was a great truck but a little weak off road - no weight in the rear. Looking forward to hitting the trails in the Disco!

Just wanting suggestions on first mods I should be looking to make and must have accessories. Since it's new, I would like to try and keep it looking that way... at least for a while :wink: Seriously, I am looking to minimize body panel and underside damage . Looks like the front bumper is one of the first things that will have to go as well.

Thanks for any replies,
Eric

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it when we get to give people wish lists. :biggrin:

IMHO:

• Protection
    • Diff guards
    • Skid plate?
    • Steering protection
  • Bigger tires, A/T or M/T
  • Suspension upgrade (2" or more, and long-travel shocks)
  • Heavy duty but slimline front bumper
  • Winch?
You're gonna get a lot of advice, but the best thing I recommend is to wheel the truck stock, and see just how capable it is out of the box. When you get stuck or stopped, decide what modifications you need to overcome that obstacle, and upgrade with that purpose in mind. These are ridiculously capable vehicles without a single modification on them, as you'll find out. Good luck!

Andy

D

discomike

Eric,
Yes the front bumper is a weak spot but, depending on the type of 4wheeling you're going to be doing I would hold off a little. Go use it see what it will do and what more you want from it.
Good luck and have fun,
Mike J.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Eric, congrats. As always, Andy & Mike are correct. I miss those bone stock Rover rides, forever amazed @ what my wife's Rover could do! And the ride then was so plush, you could drive all day & never get weary. It has become more capable w/mods over time, but I'm glad I had a stock Rover as a learning tool. Like Andy says, I have upgraded on a mod per need basis forming the "Perfect Disco" for my application. And yes, I still have my entire front bumper! Tougher than it looks, that truck is! Again, welcome. Enjoy! LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM