New ABS thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Ok Joey-

Is there anyway to turn this blasted ABS light off!! I am not replacing the sensors, and after 3 years of staring at it, it is getting annoying!!

Thanks for any help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the bulb is always a good way to prevent seeing it.... :biggrin:

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Now- Where would I found out how to take the instriment panel apart to get to the bulb?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Two screws under the dash near the steering wheel. Remove, top of panel comes off. Bulb is in the back.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
You are my hero- I will write back again when I am successful, or when I have my dash in 45,000 pieces and have done $2,000 in damage. I am hoping for the first one.

Nico

Reaction score
Dash is very easy to remove. As previously posted, remove the two screws facing the steering wheel and the cover comes off; not in a thousand pieces, just one big piece. You don't have to undo any wires, you will be able to move the cover enough to give you access to the bulb. Obviously the bulb is located right behind the ABS indicator. This can be seen through the windshield. Roll down your window to give your arm access and losen the bulb. Stick a piece of electrical tape over the hole to prevent other dash lights from shining through and you're good to go.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Thanks all - worked perfect! I actually left the bulb in- just turned it a bit to disconnect so that it would eleminate other light coming in.

After 2 years of this I am both so happy to have it done and feel like an idiot for not fixing it sooner.

Nico

Reaction score
Maybe I'm paraniod, but do you think that bumps on the road and vibration could position the bulb just enough to cause a short and/or fire?

boondocks

Reaction score
I have a problem I just changed my calipers Brales.and line .Bleed out the brakes .And now going down the road with or with out hitting the brakes they lock up and start smokeing .Can anyone please help me.Man im tired of spending money I Have a 1998 Land Rover Dicovery That i just love.And hate to let go of. Please help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink