New Custom Intake Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check it out a new custom intake tube for the LR3. I figured there was a small air leak some where in the oem set up that would keep giving me reduced engine performance and then it stalls on me. So after having the intake for three weeks no more reduced engine performance and the best part no more stalling.

The plus side of the intake it now has a nice intake roar mix that with the Magnaflow exhaust the sound is amazing.

On the seat of the pants feel with the addition of the intake tube it revs faster and harder on the upper rpm range (3k up).

intake01.jpg

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow - very cool looking. Just curious, were the "leaks" after the MAF? It looks like it from the pic, but I am not so familiar with LR anatomy. I used to love the peaking at the the audi ECU adaption tables to see how close to stoich I could get with maf changes. Someone needs to come up with a $100 solution to open up the ECU data. At the current prices, it will never reach critical mass enough to create a knowledge base worth investing in.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the leak was after the MAF around the corrugated part of the tube. I was able to see some dust around the area.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to buy the parts to make the intake, it did require a bit of cutting to get everything to fit correctly. All the parts came from pep boys or autozone.

1 6" straight section 3" diameter
1 22.5 degree elbow 3" diameter
2 3" couplers

I believe just had to cut 2 inchs off the 6" straight section.

Just a note the idle is also alot smoother.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to make out. Do you have a bigger picture? :cool:

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make sure everybody gets all the details including the scratches on the chrome. If you look hard enough you can also see my face on the chrome.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on this fourm correctly. One day I'll get it right.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make sure everybody gets all the details including the scratches on the chrome. If you look hard enough you can also see my face on the chrome.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on this fourm correctly. One day I'll get it right.

LOL, generally aim for images sized no larger than 1024x in width. Like this:

626686232_8KGrV-XL.jpg

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike ,so this is a steel, chromed pipe or stainless steel pipe?They look like an exhaust pipes to me...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo