New Disco owner in Fredericksburg, VA . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cal

Reaction score
Are there any mother Rover Owners around me???

Cal
2000 Disco Series II

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cal,

I am in Portsmouth Va, but do alot of fishing and stuff out that way.

Cal

Reaction score
Only one reply in a month . . .

That doesn't speak well about the number of Rover owners around Fredericksburg, does it?

VA Disco, thanks for you reply. What kind of fishing do you do around my place? I like crappie fishing and walleye fishing . I'm originally from PA. Been here 25 years (temporarily)

I see quite few Disco's and other Rovers on the roads around here, as I commute to Arlington every day. I guess they are just drivers and not "wheelers".

Oh well, I guess I'll get into the renovation of my '00 Disco 2, and seek assistance from the main board.

Regards, Cal

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cal,
There are alot of rovers on the road that are just for show. Have you joined http://www.roav.org/ if not I would, and go to some of the meets and you will find there are lots of us around. I have been fishing for both crappy and walleye I prefer the walleye, but have recently been doing alot of deep sea fishing. What kind of renovations are you doing to your disco?

Cal

Reaction score
Cal,
There are alot of rovers on the road that are just for show. Have you joined http://www.roav.org/ if not I would, and go to some of the meets and you will find there are lots of us around. I have been fishing for both crappy and walleye I prefer the walleye, but have recently been doing alot of deep sea fishing. What kind of renovations are you doing to your disco?

I've swapped out the stock 255x65x16 tires for five (5) 245x75x16's
I changed engine oil and filter
I intend to change all drivetrain fluids
I'm about to replace the front brake pads and rotors for inspection
I also just received my orders for spark plugs and plug wires, air filter, auto trans filter and gasket kit, serpentine belt, and thermostat.
I'll change coolant when I do the T-stat

I need to check my powe steering pump out. It leaks a little.
And just this past week, my turnsignals have decided to work when they feel like it (maybe a loose wire or bulb). Gotta check that out this weekend.

Essentially just routine maintenance that may or may not have been performed by the previous owner(s)

I can see now that this is gonna be a love / hate relationship like an old Harley - - - love to ride it when its working - - - hate to work on it so I can ride it!

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the very long delay in responding. I have been very busy fixing my rover ( I swear if I didn't love it I would blow the damn thing up ) I would recomend using a K&N oil filer the next time you change your oil. they have a anti-drain back valve in them the keeps the oil from draining back down to the oil pan when the engine is not running. When you change your drivetrain fluids try to replace the drain plugs with the magnetic plugs it will save lots of wear and tear. Have you done the rotors yet? They are a pain in the ass! But it is a great design. I just had a run in with the power steering grimlin my bottom seals blew out of the gear box. Owning a Rover is truly a love and hate relationship. A good friend told me once that "Just as long as you never start a rover they never let you down"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72