New Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Hi I found this in USA...

www.replacemyremote.com

They look very professional but I just wanted to ask the experts in the forum what do you think?

I need one but I need to be sure if this works as they claim or should I stick to the OEM?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you are jumping to the conclusion that your FOB is bad without first trying a hard reset or double-checking your battery and connections. A dead FOB should still start the vehicle.

Oh, and I would not bother trying this aftermarket FOB. There are two paths you can take:

1. Get a new one through your dealer. Make sure your old one is with you when they program it for you.

2. You may be able to find an OE FOB without a shank, then transfer your current shank to the new FOB. You still need to have it programmed and still would want to have both FOBs with you when you do.

Last edited:

armybuck041

Reaction score
Take your existing FOB and give it a good whack against something. That made mine suddenly start working again and bought me enough time to source a new one. I bought new empty FOB "shells" and replacement rechargeable batteries on eBay. Removing the circuit boards from the FOB will render the FOB shells destroyed. With a soldering iron and some patience I was able to remove the circuit boards from the old FOBs, un-solder the old batteries, solder in the new ones, and then reinstalled them back into the new FOB shells. The actual key shank also swapped right over. Total cost = $35 to do both FOBs. There are some good write ups on how to do this over on **************

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Hi armybuck041, thank you for your quick response and guidance... yes I open my old key fob and bought a replacement battery from ebay VL 2330.

for further reference here I found a video of the process!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF96evFrrPc

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Hi everybody... as a follow up... i follow this video on my LR3 Key fob ... and I did exactly the same.... now I have a 100% working key fob....
What I can say in the inside the battery hub is the same... I spent 12dls on the e bay batyery (vl2330 rechargeable) and 17dls on the solder pencil..

In my dealer the key fob price is 440dls programming included..
So any risk opening your totally worth it!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM