New LR3 owner, 06 HSE - intro and needy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm active on Audiworld's allroad forum, so I kept my name from there. This format differs greatly, so give me time to get used to it. My household will have one less Audi soon, with the LR3's arrival.

Any tips on getting a NAV disc (not sure I have it, yet), owner's manual or take-off 19" tires? I can get all retail less a discount, but figured I would ask before buying.

Also, what is the torque spec for our lug nuts?

Looking forward to learning more by participating here.

Jay

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm pretty darn new here as well but I'm also an Audi lover (I've still got a TT). While I have no answers for you, I would still like to congratulate you on the LR3.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh?

take-off 19" tires? What do you mean by this? Do you mean knock-offs? Like copies of the OEM equipment? Please clarify.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - have NAV CD, still no manual.

I don't know how it works here yet, but on Audiworld we often type answers in the title.

I'll learn. Found the NAV CD. Take-offs means tires that someone took off, usually when the car was new, often to upgrade to a different type or size. It's a bit of an industry term, I believe, but it means what it says. I'm happy to explore other brands. Just got quoted Scorpion Zeros for $218 from the tire dealer servicing our truck fleet, seems like a good price but I fear not the best tire based on a few reviews I saw. I have a new full GY HP spare, but don't want to get four of those at $300 even to end up with five to rotate through just on principal.
J

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GY's are garbage; don't buy them. So far the Michelins I have are good.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jay. I just purchased an LR3 to replace our Q7 that didn't like driving on the beach. I also owned a 2002 allroad and our LR3 shares a garage with a 2006 A4 avant.
If you have 18" wheels and want 19", I'm sure someone here will swap with you. 19" tire options are very limited.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE has the 19 standard. 18 would be relatively easy to get tires for. The usual 19 choices get pretty bad reviews. The probably not yet available in our 19 size Bridgestones get raves in other sizes. Sigh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4