New Owner of a '93... newbie questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jspeer

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've just become the owner of a '93 Range Rover with 92k on the odometer. I bought the vehicle in San Diego and drove it up to Boise, so i've already had a 1050 mile test drive. Got 21mpg between fillups in Utah. Must have had a tailwind. I've got what i'm assuming are standard newbie questions.

First, there is a noise... passenger side front.... that is tied to the engine speed, but not the transmission or tire speed (slip it into neutral while coasting, noise drops, rev engine, noise increases in pitch). When i turn the key to position one, the antilock brakes pressurize, the pump stops, all's quiet, engine starts normally, then i hear a sound like something under the dash is running. It's not the heater fan. It sounds like a pump, or a fan.... or a bearing :-(

Second, the fancy security system has a mind of it's own. When i activate the system with the key fob the power locks cycle five times then stop. There are other electrical oddities, but i'm assuming this is par for the course.... are there any obvious places to start hunting down causes for this behavior?

Lastly, are there any "new owner items" i should check or have checked, right now... sort of reset the clock... wear items often overlooked.

Thanks,

-jspeer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM