New rear bumper…mounting key antenna?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tactical rear bumper finally arrived. Pulling off the stock bumper cover, i found not only the parking sensors on that harness, but a part that appears to be a keyless entry antenna, too. It wasn’t even screwed on to anything, just kind of sitting between the foam and the cover.

Since it’s an antenna, mounting it inside the steel bumper seems like not a great idea. I’m wondering where others might have mounted theirs that let them still work properly and not have signal blocked? There’s not a lot of loom length to play with.

80FE7216-2B31-4E47-A6E8-B64713FD683C.jpeg

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, this is only necessary if you want the "one touch"/keys-in-pocket unlock functionality. Given the security of that system has been cracked and cars are readily stolen over in the UK, I and many others have disabled it (I think cperez has a good post detailing how to switch it off).

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that sort of theft only an issue if you live in a fairly congested area where you wouldn't notice someone sitting within a signal's distance, ready to intercept your unlock code?

It's too handy a feature for me to do away with. I live in a house and trust my neighbors, and park in a private parking garage at work. I'm too sporadic anywhere else for anyone to hack my code.

Sorry, @greiswig, I can't help you. But maybe you can stick it in the metal bumper and see if it works (since the signal doesn't really need to fire rearward, but rather frontward towards the doors, maybe it will still work?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM