New Recall - 04/19/06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

davechogan

Just an FYI...

There is a new recall out for LR3's. It appears that some vehicles allow the driver to remove the key from the ignition while the car is not in Park. I took my car in for service yesterday and they told me that mine ('05 HSE; HD, RSP, RSC, PTI, TOW, Light Package) was affected by this new recall. Just thought I would pass it along.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that big of a deal. More of a NHTSA issue. Personally, I don't think anyone would have really noticed this without the recall. Affected vehicles will get a letter.

Land Rover Recall B037
LR3 / Range Rover Sport – Auto Keylock Incorrect Function
Main Message: The mechanism that prevents the removal of the key from vehicles with
automatic transmissions when the gear shift lever is not in "PARK", may become inactive a
period of time after the ignition has been turned off. This may mean that the key could be
removed when "PARK" is not selected.
This issue has been identified on a number of automatic LR3 and Range Rover Sport vehicles
built between 17 January 2005 and 5 April 2006 (VIN range 5A322770 to 6A391562 for LR3
and 6A900294 to 6A957409 for Range Rover Sport).
Additionally, any LR3 / Range Rover Sport automatic vehicle that has had a replacement
Transfer Case Control Module or software upgrade on that control module may also be
affected.

From the Q & A sheet:

Q4 Has Land Rover received many complaints?
A Land Rover has not directly received any customer complaints related to this concern.
Q5 Have there been any accidents or injuries?
A There are no known accidents or injuries attributable to this condition.
Q6 How was the condition discovered?
A This condition was reported by an EPQR from the National Sales Company in Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9