New Tire Option???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking around tire rack and found these a new tire from Dunlop, its called the Rover M/T Maxx Traction. It has a Load Range E, and looks pretty promising.

Its seem to be some what of a hybrid between a all-terrain and a mud-terrain, and seem to be priced fairly well.

At $185 a tire, thats a bit more than the Nittos, but you get a bigger, more aggressive tire. :biggrin:

And yes, i do realize you would have to run the rod mod to run these, but just wanted throw these out there and see what you guys think of them, they could be a cheaper alternative to the Goodyear MT/ Rs and Cooper STTs.

So what do you think?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&partnum=765QR8ROVMT&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Attachments

• du_rovermt_mt_ci1_l.jpg
    du_rovermt_mt_ci1_l.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 156
  • du_rovermt_mt_ci2_l.jpg
    du_rovermt_mt_ci2_l.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 154
  • du_rovermt_mt_ci3_l.jpg
    du_rovermt_mt_ci3_l.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 152

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good....it would be nice to see in-person to determine how much space there is in between the outer lugs....great NAME for the LR3 though!

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know right!!! ITS MEANT TO BE, GREAT PRICE AND ITS CALLED ROVER!!!!

Might try to find um locally to see what they look like in person, i'll post up my reaction if i find um

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be cool. With the "E" rating they must be pretty tough...the tread looks pretty aggressive...and the price is very reasonable.

...looking forward to your report.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few guys running them on lrrforum and they seem to like them alot.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to 3 tire places, and no luck. All said it was "A special order tire" and they don't have it in stock :hmpf:

Oh well, might make some phone calls tmmw to some other stores, see if they got any

DR, do you have the the link to the LRR thread(s) that talk about them?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drz, I thought the other guys were running the Goodyear Duratrac....This one is a new one.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Duratrac looks really cool too, but are a tid pricey ($40 more than Rover M/T's)...lot less than the MT-Rs though :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM