New to me... is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my third day with my new to me LR4. It is a 2010 HSE my 80k miles.

I am not sure if this normal so I figured I would ask you all. In the morning I feel like my engine is a bit too loud, especially when I am maneuvering my way around the neighborhood. Sounds like a low-end hauling when it rev's around 1500RPM.

Does that sound normal? I am not used to the rig and I think it is just what it sounds like.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds pretty normal, I have that too. I remember same characteristic in my 13 and now in 16 as well. More so in 16.

I am pretty sure its the sound of the radiator fan running, as I have usually noticed that sound during summer/warm days and/or when the truck is parked idling (regardless of AC on or off). Makes sense. When you are driving the engine is probably getting cooled by some naturally flowing air coming thru the front grill, etc. But when the truck is parked, the fan has to kick in depending on the ambient temps to keep the bay cool.

The sound of the fan gets louder with raising RPMs as I drive the truck but when the fan turns itself off, the sound completely goes away.

armozo

Reaction score
Quick update, I purchased a CTek battery charger and let it do its thing. I chose the recondition mode for my Napa AGM battery. The issue I described originally has not returned ever since.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty normal, I have that too. I remember same characteristic in my 13 and now in 16 as well. More so in 16.

I am pretty sure its the sound of the radiator fan running, as I have usually noticed that sound during summer/warm days and/or when the truck is parked idling (regardless of AC on or off). Makes sense. When you are driving the engine is probably getting cooled by some naturally flowing air coming thru the front grill, etc. But when the truck is parked, the fan has to kick in depending on the ambient temps to keep the bay cool.

The sound of the fan gets louder with raising RPMs as I drive the truck but when the fan turns itself off, the sound completely goes away.

^Yes, I completely agree with this. Normal sound when hot out, our LR3 did it too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9