new to the forum looking at a 98 RR 4.0 se

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1quick35

Reaction score
My name is Tory and I'm new to the forum. I'm going this weekend to look at a 98 RR 4.0 se, it has 99,000 miles on it and they are asking $6,495. The dealer told me there are no problems with it but is there anything I should look for while I'm there? What is a common failure item on those? I'm not familiar with Land Rovers and this will be my first one if I decide to purchase it. Also I have people telling me that I should get the 4.6 HSE not the 4.0 SE. Is there any real difference between the 2 other than the engine?
Thanks everybody!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
yes huge difference between the 4.0 and 4.6.... you want the 4.6 and a 98 with 100k on it... isn't work 6500....

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too high. These thing come a dime a dozen when they hit 100k. Cause of the up keep. I had a 99 4.6 bosch and loved it when it ran. Put about another $3 k into it and it still broke my will. Took a huge hit when sold it still mad about it. Didn't want to keep taking a chance with it when I have my baby with me. Too many things to list so check out rangerovers.net. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM