Newbie from Atlanta by way of Brooklyn NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ehojefua

Reaction score
whats going on everyone? I'm new to this forum, but not new to rovers ( especially the classics). My name is Ali and I have been a roverhalic since 1996 ( when I purchased my first 1993 LWB). My story goes like this:
I was in college from 1996 to 2000 ( savannah college of art and design ). As everyone knows, when you are living in the south you NEED a mode of transportation. I went from having an Audi 4000, to an acura integra. All in 96. Then I sold the integra and was looking for a sturdy vehicle that I will keep for the rest of my college years. A friend of mine told me to consider buying a range rover. Mind you I thought she was referring to the 4.0/4.6 version, so I said "No thats not going to happen", I felt the 4.0/4.6 range rovers were to be driven by computer techs, cause if anything on the computer fails a computer tech would be better to fix it then an average driver...LOL!!!! I then took her advice and started to look into the previous models.
I went to Range Rover of Charleston,SC and test drove a 1993 LWB and fell in love instantly. Did i purchase it then??? NO!!, Why you ask: Because the dealership forgot to fix the air suspension. I know know what it is like to ride on the bump stops. NOT PLEASANT AT ALL!! I then went to ATL and purchased a white one. Sad to say i bought a lemon:mad: I learned a lot about this vehicle from spending hours upon hours at the mechanic shop. Fast forward 1yr............... Savannah had a bad downpour and my street was flooded ( about 3 to 4 feet of water....my house was at the bottom of the hill ). I was sick and was on my way to the doctors office. Me being only a year into driving this rover and innocent of rovers , I'm thinking "this truck can go anywhere"...so what do I do...I try and drive through the water ( without a snorkel), and flood my entire vehicle. Good thing I had GEICO insurance.....They came and assessed the damages and gave me full value for the vehicle ( R.I.P. - the white klydesdale )...with the money I then purchased another rover from an atlanta business ( same year, color, and model ).
This vehicle lasted me the rest of my college years. Upon completion of school ( 2000 ).. I returned home to New York...but sad to say again...I had to leave it behind..... I could not afford to keep the vehicle and look for a place to live and look for my career all at once. Fast forward August 2008...I purchased another rover.... a 1993 Roman Bronze County LWB with 82,000 on the clock. This one will be my project car because I will refinish the poplar wood, replace the existing leather seats with dark brown/light brown trim ( kinda like the Holland and Holland interior), change all of the existing speakers to high powered speakers and keep the box in the back.
I will add a Brooklands body kit to the vehicle from rimmerbros.com, the pioneer radio will still be there, my headliner will be light brown suede instead of cloth, replace the springs with the original EAS suspension :cool: and lastly I will add on the guards and side steps. mechanically the vechile is in tip top shape. This is my third Rover and should something happen to "GOLDIE", I will be on the hunt for another classic Range Rover. The story you just read is brought to you by a BONAFIDE ROVERHOLIC.

pics coming soon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635