Newbie needs info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually part of my original question was about roof rails. With the information I got from the discussion, I asked about short vs long roof rails. I am still interested to hear if one is less noisy than the other from productive members of this forum, but instead we keep hearing from you, the little man who uses the internet to make himself feel empowered.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

no noise with the long rails.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
no noise with the long rails.

Thanks, that is very helpful, do you have any sort of carrier on top, such as a cargo basket, or even a ski carrier or any kind of cargo holder? if so how is the noise when they are attached?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that is very helpful, do you have any sort of carrier on top, such as a cargo basket, or even a ski carrier or any kind of cargo holder? if so how is the noise when they are attached?

here's my set up.

oem cross bars and thule moab.

with cross bars on you'll hear some wind noise. with moab on you'll hear a sure increase of wind noise along with some rattling (couldnt figure out where it was from even after securing everything down multiple times) even with the diffuser on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39553560@N00/

i love the look, but until i figure out where the rattle comes from, i am not going to leave it on permanently.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
here's my set up.

with cross bars on you'll hear some wind noise. with moab on you'll hear a sure increase of wind noise along with some rattling (couldnt figure out where it was from even after securing everything down multiple times) even with the diffuser on.

i love the look, but until i figure out where the rattle comes from, i am not going to leave it on permanently.

ycharlie, that is the kind of set up I have been considering. Thanks for the pics that helps. Does the basket disconnect easily?

Pick

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ycharlie, that is the kind of set up I have been considering. Thanks for the pics that helps. Does the basket disconnect easily?

Pick

Basket is mounted on 4 feet. Each feet has 2 screws. I am 6 ft tall and can hoist the basket up but it's not light and does take some strength and coordination if you do it by yourself.b mounting takes about 25 min as you need to center it. Dismounting is faster, about 15 min since no centering is needed.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Basket is mounted on 4 feet. Each feet has 2 screws. I am 6 ft tall and can hoist the basket up but it's not light and does take some strength and coordination if you do it by yourself.b mounting takes about 25 min as you need to center it. Dismounting is faster, about 15 min since no centering is needed.

Good to know, thanks ycharlie.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's my set up.

You have one of my favorite LR4s on the forum. I love it! I know I've said that before, but it's awesome!

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Actually part of my original question was about roof rails. With the information I got from the discussion, I asked about short vs long roof rails. I am still interested to hear if one is less noisy than the other from productive members of this forum, but instead we keep hearing from you, the little man who uses the internet to make himself feel empowered.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Here's your original question. Couldn't find anything about rails in it.

Newbie needs info
I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 LR4 in Ockney grey next month. I have searched this site, but have not been able to get a definitive answer to two questions;
1. What are the best floor mats and where do I go for the best price. 1(a) is there a good cargo liner that covers all the carpet and is tough enough to handle an 86 lb dog?
2. Is there a roof rack system (with cargo basket) that works well and is quiet? 2(a) where do I get it and how much?

I live in Colorado and do a lot of climbing, snow shoeing and skiing with two other couples. I need the mats to contain all the muck we get on our feet as well as to keep my big ugly dog from getting his hair stuck in the carpet. I need to throw our packs up on a roof rack, but when not climbing or snowshoeing want the ride to be nice and quiet.

Thanks in advance,

Pick

p.s. Are there any Colorado LR off roaders in here?

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's your original question. Couldn't find anything about rails in it.

What part of "roof rack system" didn't get through?

Your reply is just trying to validate your negativity on an otherwise positive board.

It didn't work.

I would like to invite you to either resume being a member of this board that is positive and provides a value here or remove yourself from this forum.

Which is it going to be?

Marty

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635