Newbie Question, ABS Light stays on til I drive a bit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cdg

I'm a newb with the LR Disco, and when I start the Disco, the ABS light stays on til I drive for a bit, is this normal?

M

MightyMax

Hey CDG,

I'm from Victoria, I bought my disco in west van and mine does the same thing. Apparently it's normal. Mine goes out after around 10 seconds of driving....sometimes less. Any more than that i don't think is normal.

D

disco1

MightyMax is correct. It will go out after 10-20 seconds. If the light does not extinguish after more than a minutes or so, pull over, if you are driving, switch off the engine, wait a few seconds and restart. This most times solves the problem.

C

cdg

Thanks, so I must have a problem, the light never goes out, its either fully on, or the right half blinks systematically. Gonna have it looked at tomorrow.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Light should stay on for about 5-10 seconds then it will shut off. If it stays on longer than the aforementioned time then the system has recognized a fault.

C

cdg

Slartibartfast said:
If i remember correctly it will stay on untill you reach 5 mph
In my case I think it'll stay on until it deploys:albertein

D

disco1

Deploys? Maybe your confusing the SRS light for the ABS one.

C

cdg

I don't think I'm confused, SRS=Safety Restraint System = Airbags = Deployment :help: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ABS= Anti-Lock Brake System, Right?
Oh Crap, I just read my first post, I meant to say my SRS light, crap:ahhhhh:

C

cdg

OK, Sorry again, I have a few posts and I'm getting confused.

I was talking about the ABS light, and it appears to be normal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635