Newest MOD - SUV tent SPORTZ 83000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSA - Dont get the Land Rover Day tent. The LR tent is of course over priced, but is not even in the same league with my recent Lr3 'MOD'. Napier SPORTZ SUVTent #83000 or as I call it condo in a bag. I not associated with them in anyway, just a very excited owner. This met our needs of something big enough for the family to camp and still able to tow the boat.

For comparison, the LR tent ($750, no floor):
scan9.gif

The Sportz 83000 ($330, 3X the tent):
83000-Lifestyle-1.jpg

Ill have actually use pics next weekend.

The Sock on the Sportz cinches down 'bug tight' around the back of the LR3. This thing is HUGE and still easy to setup. Seem like a very well made tent for a very reasonable price.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Sportz SUV tent and it is great, with the exception of the rain fly. It barely covers and if you add a little wind to the rain, you get some water inside. It is also HUGE and more than I need most of the time. But much better than the LR day tent with no floor.

MST

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. Not sure I could handle having two wives like that though.

Who says they have to be 'wives'?:wink:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my take: The woman standing on the right is the 18-year old bastard child born out of wedlock when the owner of the Mazda was 22. She came to the beach with her own car, as there is no way you could fit her, the dumb new trophy wife tossing the inflatable porta *****, 3 small kids, the tent and all that crap laying around in a CX-9.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are obviously fairly closed minded! ;-) This IS the family. ******* wives (or whatever the appropriate term might be) with 3 kids; everything fits into the CX9 (barely).

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As promised:
IMG_0420%282%29.jpg

Some of the other attendees at US invasion XIII (Corfu, NY):
IMG_2195.jpg

I won best new land rover. Depending on your definition of new, I may have been the only entrant. ;-)

First time camping and offroading with my little-man (2 years old). I managed to get a wheel or two off the ground a few times (video):
2009_08_01_LR3%20Corfu.jpg

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun video! Fun times for the whole family! I love the "good samaritan spotter" that shows up in the middle trying to spot you into the trees. :stupid:

Looked like the car put you into extended mode after you highsided yourself to get you off those logs. Done that on a rock a time or four. Thankfully had the sliders on though. Did you have side steps or protection tubes of some kind on there? Couldn't really tell from the low res video/pics.

Oh, and welcome to the Mantec Non-winch plate club. :cool:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its a tough call when a someone gives you a spot and disregard it. I hope he didnt have any hurt feelings, but the driver should always have the final decision (and possibly repair bill). I talked to him later - he didnt realize that the LR3 has a steering position indicator.

The Rover Specialties rock sliders (opt2 slim), may be expensive, but mine have certainly paid for themselves many times over. THere was another truck there with step tubes crushed into the rockers. Didnt look too good. My only 'damage' was I lost a plastic plug off the front of my a-frame.

Im surprised you noticed the mantec - I thought its rather stealth with the powder coating. I love it, but I dont feel like it does as much 'work' as the sliders. I dont think its hit anything since I got the 2" lift.

BTW - There is a "view HQ video" link in the upper right corner, but its only marginally better. I had to compress it to fit Google's upload limit and they definitely compress it again. If picasa wasn't just so dam convenient, id upload the original to a server...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM