No locking rear differential in the USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
My '06 LR3 has been at the dealer now for over a week and as of Friday, there are no rear locking differentials in the US. The dealer is waiting to hear from someone (not sure of the source) if one is being shipped from the UK or still needs to be manufactured. Has anyone else had their rear locking differential replaced and had to wait a week or more to get it installed? I have the ESP extended warranty so I'm not concerned about the cost (was told the locking diff is about $1500 + 500 labor). As for the dealer (Southpointe) which is 250 miles away from my house, I have nothing bad to say about them b/c they are extremely helpful with all service/warranty issues, compared to the local store 5 miles away...

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine isn't a locking diff, but when I had my rear diff replaced, the dealer told me there weren't any open rear diffs in the U.S. and were on backorder. He called me the next day saying that a new rear diff came to the dealer without any shipping/tracking numbers. I'll be really surprised if it takes them more than a week to locate one. Good luck and nice find on an LR3 with the rear locker.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Mine isn't a locking diff, but when I had my rear diff replaced, the dealer told me there weren't any open rear diffs in the U.S. and were on backorder. He called me the next day saying that a new rear diff came to the dealer without any shipping/tracking numbers. I'll be really surprised if it takes them more than a week to locate one. Good luck and nice find on an LR3 with the rear locker.

Well, there are a few out there but supposedly they are all taken. As of yesterday, the dealer is still waiting on LR UK for availability. Yeah, I've had it for almost 3 years now and it has been absolutely solid and a joy to drive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635