NOOB Brake Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

amarfresh

Hey everyone,

my new brake pads and rotors are on their way and should be here next week. that being said, i am attempting my first brake overhaul on my Disco I (1995). the brakes were cut before and i have some serious vibration in one of the fronts and mushiness as of late.

my buddy is assisting me (rather, i am assisting him) in the job. i wanted to know if there are any pitfalls i should be aware of. for instance, are the rotors slip on rotors like in new cars? am i going to need any special tools? issues with ABS? best fluid?

any advice you may have for me b4 i begin the brake overhaul would be greatly appreciated.

tia,
amar

btw, thanks to you guys my alternator replacement went smoooooooth!
all except for the ABS light which got me into a shouting match at the dealership after i brought my aging LR in for the fuel tank recall. the service manager told me that all cars (audi, bmw, lexus,infiniti) do the same thing when your battery goes dead. to which i told him he was full of it. and insisted that he does not charge me for resetting an ABS light because it is a "bug" in the car. he said it wasn't a bug and was completely normal. to which i challenged him that there was a TSB on the subject. he denied it - inconvincingly. reluctantly he waived the $90 reset fee and told me never to bring my car back there (Woodbridge, NJ Land Rover, Paul Miller). this after having had my car for 2 weeks. crooks. just b/c he couldn't rip me off like all the others.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge