2016 LR4: Parking Brake Fault Light (When EPB Not Engaged)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebruce

Reaction score
Hi - I started getting a parking brake fault message today but the brake is not on and the car runs fine. When the fault is not flashing the brake engages and disengages fine. When it's flashing the brake won't engage but the car can start and run fine.

Ive seen posts of faults with the actual module but those posts talk of grinding noises and the EPB being stuck engaged. Not my issue so Im assuming an electrical fault? Ive read some who suggested to reset the car by removing the battery cables and touching the + - and letting sit for 10 mins (others have said just to remove the -.

Additional info: it rained the sunroof leaked + the kids were washing the car when the fault started flashing. Im wondering water leak on a wire somewhere?

Any recommendations appreciated. I've lost my patience on this 2016. My 2009 was amazing but the 2016 is nothing but problems.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additional info: it rained the sunroof leaked + the kids were washing the car when the fault started flashing. Im wondering water leak on a wire somewhere?
You might need to clean your sunroof drains if it leaked after rain.

Generally the water ends up in the passenger footwell.

We’ve had a few nightmare posts here relating to water damage.

That’s where I would start. Good luck.

thebruce

Reaction score
yea I had the same issues on my 2009. another lovely quirk of land rovers...but luckily it doesn't rain much in California. I always try to blow the drains out before it does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72