Off-Road Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one with someone next to it. Might have been 5.10/6 tall to get a sense of vehicle height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 53

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And from the rear.
I have a few more pics and a video if someone wants to see them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 40

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one with someone next to it. Might have been 5.10/6 tall to get a sense of vehicle height.

If that guy was 6ft tall, i guess this model will be considerably shorter than the current. maybe it was the perception angle, but he looked to be about 2-3 inches above the roofline. Outgoing models are 6'2". As a taller person, I like the tall vehicle...

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that guy was 6ft tall, i guess this model will be considerably shorter than the current. maybe it was the perception angle, but he looked to be about 2-3 inches above the roofline. Outgoing models are 6'2". As a taller person, I like the tall vehicle...

I was wondering though if one wouldn't say it was in "Access" height as to why the guy was taller than the vehicle.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering though if one wouldn't say it was in "Access" height as to why the guy was taller than the vehicle.

I guess that is entirely possible, but the wheel to body position looked similar to all of the other promotional photos. I would be surprised if they were all shot in access mode. I am also curious if this concept vehicle is even fitted with air suspension, or even terrain response for that matter...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Or even an engine. That looks like nothing more than an empty shell with fake everything. Haven't seen a single picture of the concept with hood or tailgate open, surely because there is nothing to see in there. And the tires look fake, probably solid rubber just to allow the model to roll away. Then there is the "making of" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V28gpsoWgSU&feature=player_detailpage

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some beach driving

pretty and nice that you have one but this thread is about discussions on upcoming version, not current models or a photo love fest of member cars ;)
try posting in "what you did in your lr" thread. You'll get an appropriate response there. I especially like your rolling shots as not many people try that.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Or even an engine. That looks like nothing more than an empty shell with fake everything. Haven't seen a single picture of the concept with hood or tailgate open, surely because there is nothing to see in there. And the tires look fake, probably solid rubber just to allow the model to roll away. Then there is the "making of" video:

Doesn't matter if there's an engine because they are showing it how they'd want it to appear, "as if". The fender to tire gap looks perfectly normal for an suv of this medium/small size. I include "small" because what can you say is medium when large is maybe like a Toyota Sequoya with Behemoth being like a Ford Excursion or Denali XT. Tiny would be the Lr2/Evoque.

Anyway, a friend who is not biased at all, and has loved going on outings in all of the rovers I've had, mentioned "hey, check out the new Jeep diesel...it has 4x4, air lift/lower, limited slip rear diff, ventilated seats, 30 mpg, 3 more gallons of tank size and fully loaded it's about $10,000 less than fully loaded LR4" and the LR4 doesn't offer the nicer seats or diesel range.

Now, I don't want a Jeep. It actually looks fine, cool in some ways, nice enough inside and even the rear seats look like they sort of copy the lr4 with the flat folding design.

What I DO want is for Land Rover to catch up!! I would be THRILLED to simply have the same LR4 but with a diesel and ventilated / more comfortable seats (more adjustments and on both front seats)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM