Oil and trans cooler lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about replacing both sets of cooler lines. Has anyone upgraded these lines like the power steering lines? Do you guys' think its even necessary to upgrade or should I stick with stock parts?

D

disco1

Unless they are really ragged and in need of replacing, I wouldn't worry about them.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't ragged but I have seen drops of oil running down them. I won't be able to tell if the drops are from somewhere else just following the lines or the actual lines are leaking. I will look into it when I've got everything apart next week. Thanks.

D

discomike

Monty,
Have you heard how many Discos have been gutted because of fires started from the tranny lines leaking??
It is cheap insurance to replace them and I would look around your area and see if you can find a company that makes high quality pressure lines, some people have told me that they aren't even that much more then factory and they will never leak again.
Mike J.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On my '97 the two low pressure line leaked, I just picked up some 5/8" hose and replaced them Also get rid of the factory clamps.... junk.... and get some good hose clamps I have put over 8k on new lines with no leaks...

If the high pressure lines are leaking, first check to see if they are tight. If they are, then as DiscoMike says get a local place to make you some nice high pressure lines. Don't buy from a LR OEM place... why replace somethat that is bad with something that will go bad, when you can upgrade :)

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans lines aren't leaking, just the oil lines but I figured I might replace them both at the same time. Joey, did you have pics of your hoses?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
oops, my mistake.... I was thinking Power Steering lines..... haven't done the Trans lines yet.... sorry.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No big deal. I've gotta fix that too. The high pressure side is leaking ever so lightly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM