Okay, first real problem with our 2010 LR4 Lux....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i agree. i mean, the mats are pretty full. the area covered is rather complete. i am not sure where it would go.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I spent about 5 minutes just trying to get one of those screws to punch through the hole before I gave up. It was about 5 degrees F in the garage while I was attempting it, but I eventually gave up thinking they really were over **** in the first place. My mats have been in place for two weeks now and no issues what so ever with movement on the mats, and none of them have the anchor screws. Honestly, after I thought about it, why would I want sharp pointed screws puncturing the carpeting anyway?

Cheers,

Joe

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I spent about 5 minutes just trying to get one of those screws to punch through the hole before I gave up. It was about 5 degrees F in the garage while I was attempting it, but I eventually gave up thinking they really were over **** in the first place. My mats have been in place for two weeks now and no issues what so ever with movement on the mats, and none of them have the anchor screws. Honestly, after I thought about it, why would I want sharp pointed screws puncturing the carpeting anyway?

Cheers,

Joe

that's another thing... when i received my mats i imagined that there would be days i want to show off the carpet, but didnt want to have the mat holders showing there. if i had black carpeting i wouldnt care. heck, i might not even have gotten the weather mats. but i have beige carpets and so far the mats have done wonderfully.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about the rubber mats. Some sites offer them for both the LR3 and LR4, they fit the same, accept they have two holders for the front mats, whereas the LR4 only has one holder, in the center. I did find after some research, on both UK sites, as well as one US site, LR4 "only" rubber mats and they had only one hole in the center which hooks up to the hook in the center of the LR4 floor area. Has anyone else noticed this? Are you ordering the ones with two holes/hooks (LR3 & LR4) fit or just the ones made specifically for the LR4 with one hole/hook in the center?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about the rubber mats. Some sites offer them for both the LR3 and LR4, they fit the same, accept they have two holders for the front mats, whereas the LR4 only has one holder, in the center. I did find after some research, on both UK sites, as well as one US site, LR4 "only" rubber mats and they had only one hole in the center which hooks up to the hook in the center of the LR4 floor area. Has anyone else noticed this? Are you ordering the ones with two holes/hooks (LR3 & LR4) fit or just the ones made specifically for the LR4 with one hole/hook in the center?

i went with the lr4. mismatching holes in the front would really bother me.

Disco4Me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen! Encountered what I would say is our first real issue with our 5 month old LR4 last night. Drove my wife to a friend house, and while en route, I turned down the volume of the radio (on a local FM station) and after I dropped her off, I went to turn the volume back up. Nothing, absolutely nothing. The screen was still on the radio FM audio screen, but the volume knob did not work. Then when I tried to change the channel to another FM channel, nothing happened. Same goes for trying to change it to the Sat. screen, and or CD input. I tried turning it "on / off" and that did nothing.

I needed gas anyway, so I figured I'd turn the truck off, and then back on to see if it cleared. Unfortunately, when I did this, the entire information screen (even the back up camera) went completely dead. Black screen (as would appear if it were completely turned off). Nothing worked on the screen at all. Would not respond to "on / off" inputs or placing the vehicle into "reverse, forward, back into reverse", or NAV or anything.

Fast forward to this morning, and when I started up the vehicle, everything seems to be working normally. What is also weird is that about a month ago, we got into the vehicle and when we turned the radio on, all the speakers on the "right side" of the vehicle were "off" as if you went to the audio screen and physically turned down all the right side speakers to off. The left side worked fine, including the sub-woofer, but it was as if the speaker wires to the entire right side of the vehicle were cut. After we got to our destination and turned the vehicle off, we restarted the vehicle and all the speakers came back on again. It only did that once, but it seemed to have corrected itself as it's not done that again.

Also, something else that we noticed a few weeks ago, is that the drivers side front window "auto up" feature does not seem to work. It does the "auto down", but not the "auto up". All the rest of the windows work fine, including the drivers controls for all windows and the individual window buttons, but not the drivers window / button. Anyone else seen this? I almost assume it's as if the function has been disabled, but I can't figure out where you'd even do this. I was planning on taking it the dealer at some point and ask as it's not really that big a deal, but now with the "radio wack out problem" I encountered last night, I'm thinking it needs to go in sooner rather then later.

Anyone else see either of these issues? Am I doing something wrong? We have 7500 miles on the beast and have not had any other issues. We love the truck and it's a BEAST in the snow providing you put it into "snow" mode. Also, I can't recommend enough the OEM rubber floor mats. I've never seen a better constructed, better fitting all weather mat in any vehicle. Simply superb! We are supposed to get from 8 to 12" of snow between tonight and tomorrow, so I'm kind of excited to go exploring if we really get that much. We got 4" the other night and I had some fun running around town on un-plowed streets.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I had the same issue with the driver side window. The "auto down" works fine but not the "auto up". Not sure what caused it to fail but the FIX is to push back the button as if you are closing the window and hold it for a few seconds to reset the window. Instruction was actually in the LR4 manual.

I hope that helps,
Adam

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voila! You are correct sir! Worked like a charm. My windows are now functioning perfectly again. Okay, now back to not really having any problems that I need to "run" to the dealer to have a once over. I've "been there, done that" with taking intermittent problems to auto dealerships only to be told, "we can't find the source of the problem as the vehicle is not exhibiting the issue as we inspected it". And since the NAV. / Audio screen has not given me another occurrence of "black out" since last weekend, I can't expect the dealer to find a problem they can't see.

Anyway, thanks for the reply's and Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers,

Joe

Landmark

Reaction score
15,300 miles, blank screen happened to me. Crap, means a run to the dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635