Old worn out '98 Discovery but New to the forum.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Le Rutt

Reaction score
Hello from Portland, Oregon!

I've had a 1998 Disco for about 6 years. It has over 140,000 miles on it and everything seems to be wearing out. I believe the local dealer thinks everyone should buy a new LR and discourages people to keep up their old ones by charging too much for repairs and parts (the wanted over $600 for a starter). They even told me they would prefer it if I wouldn't drop off my Disco at their dealership because I have a "Classic" LR and the mechanics that work on the "Classic" Land Rovers work out of the parts warehouse down by the railroad tracks (no free coffee there!). Any way I do like my old Discovery and I've decided I should be able to maintain it myself for a lot cheaper than what the dealership is asking. I've seen some very good information on this web site and look forward to learning as much as possible from all of you. I also intend to document my own repairs (starting with the starter tomorrow) and share them with all of you.

Cheers!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... Never buy parts or service at the dealer... that is if you can change your own oil, you can probably fix your rover..

140k here as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9