Older LR3's / Transmission update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe mine was $75 when I had it down last year. It's either a 30min or 1hr labor charge.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No charge, was done during regular service.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjvd21, yah thats right. Forget to mention that if truck is still under warranty, they'll do it for free. If not, then they charge.

er1c

Reaction score
Anyone have the TSB # for this? My local LR stealership has a bunch of morons working for them and never have a clue what I'm ever talking about.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old is this update? I had my 05' done with whole vehicle upgrade whatever campaign.

I still have the problem with the trans and it really bothers me since I have several yield signs to & form work where the problem really becomes apparent.

Dealer states they cannot replicate the problem. It goes in next Wed. for 30k service I guess I'll complain about it again and see.

I had something like this done years ago, and it worked fine. Then a year ago it popped up again and they couldn't fix it. In the end (after my extended warranty went) they found that it was my throttle body. They fixed that (I forget what it was, but I needed a new throttle body) and the problem is gone.

So, if they can't recreate it, ask them to check your TB.

However if there is a NEW transmission update, I'll definitely ask about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM