Opinions of Polybush bushings in the LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've seen several recent threads dealing with worn out bushings, and some have mentioned the Polybush kit as a remedy to the soft factory bushings. i know this is going to be a rehash of some of the previously posted remarks, but i'm really hoping (1) to get everyone's opinions in one place and (2) coax some remarks from Polybush users who have not previously posted their thoughts.

here's the kit:
ProductID3769Image01.JPG

i think it goes for around $450
you can get them at http://lucky8llc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=3769 or http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9746.cfm among other places.

my questions for those who use them:
1. how firm is the ride compared to stock? i've heard it's a noticeable increase in firmness but nothing too dramatic.
2. how is the Polybush kit for off-road use?
3. do you get any squeaking from the Polybush kit?
4. were you able to find anything other than the red ("firm") kit?
5. would you do it again?

thanks.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also are there any ill electronic effects, as has been reported on the UK sites?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that people can't get this kit installed! The bushing are so tight, that one user said his shop refused to try any longer after 4 hours or something. Let us know what happens though. I may have to have my replaced here soon.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...the results have been mixed. Both in terms of performance and installation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99