opportunity to by a 2004 Range Rover, NEED ADVICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some advice.

I currently have a 2005 LR3 35,000, still under warranty until April 2010. Have had a few issues, water leaks, suspension compressor issues etc.

I have an opportunity to by a 2004 Range Rover with 52,000 miles.
Looks as though it is in excellent condition.

My question is, is the Range Rover a more dependable trunk than the 2005 LR3.

uspurs

Reaction score
I think my question would be: does the RR have a warranty and for how long? Oh, and what's the price like, compared to what you might get for the LR3?

I've owned a couple of Mk3 RRs - the first was a 2year old '03 (first MY for USA) that I bought from an LR dealership and which had a number of problems, all fixed under warranty. The second was a new '06 that I had for about a year, with no problems. I personally prefer the '06 onwards RR - same engine and transmission (I think) as the LR3.
Very impressed with the LR3 - though I'd say the RR is perhaps a quiter ride and more lux generally. Does the '04 have the lux pack (I think it was available from '04 .....) - those seats and the additional leather trim really set the interior off, I think.

There's a lot to be said for the devil you know, in this situation - IMHO.

Regards, John

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look 06 and up for the RR the 04 had the diff. issues. Without the extended warranty I would pass

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not look for 04 and even 05 model since they have drive shaft badly designed,also this BMW engine nit on pare with such a heavy vehicle,my friend who runs luxury car repair shop has five of them waiting ti be fixed with this particular engine shot dead ,/it may be good for X5 but not so much for such a heavy car as range rover is.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many mile and how much? Would an extended warranty make it any better?

All I know is that when I got out of my Disco and into a RR I really missed my Disco..... and I still miss my Disco, but that may have little to do with this debate since I've never owned an LR3(although I've been off road with them and they are INCREDIBLE) and my RR was a P38 model, and even after doing a lift and bumpers and winch and 33" tires I still missed my Disco... I think the RR is VERY nice though, especially with the black polished wood interior, it's almost like driving behind a grand piano!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112