Over Head Dash S3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

moonman

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on making a OverHead dash on my S3. And how to neaten up the inside!
Can I put other car seats in it? And get rid of the center seat?
Pics would be awsome!
Cheers,
Nathan

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are talking about a Series III truck, right? Not a Discovery Series III (LR3)?

M

moonman

Yea Series 3 Truck--1973!
And some Rewireing tips would be good :)
Cheers,
Nathan

B

Brim

Overhead console for Series III

Nathan,

I am in the process of fitting a Discovery I overhead console-shelf-sun visors to my Series III. What I can tell you at this point is that the shelf unit is slightly shorter than the width of the Series Hardtop, so it will fit. The console obviously has to be trimmed as the Discovery console has a long forward extension that holds the interior burglar alarm sensor etc. Other than that modification (which is tricky to get it to not end up looking chopped up), the mounting is pretty easy. I have tig welded threaded stand-offs on the inside of the roof that the who unit mounts to, similar to how it mounts in the Discovery. Anyway, wanted you to know that concept that I am working on, that may satisfy your vision as well.

R

RedRoverRedRover

I know that they make replacement seats even high backs to prevent whiplash. Also, there is a cubby box replacement for the middle seat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72