p0171 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverhound

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I posted this on dweb but thought I'd better post here in case it went down. Although it has been up for about 2 days straight now!
Finally got software and an interface to read fault codes on my 2000 d2.
I've been getting a code since I installed my snorkel that I believe may be caused by air leaking in from after the MAF.
The code p0171 refers to bank a running to lean. This could be caused by un-measured air. The O2 sensors themselves seem to be working fine.
Anyone have experiance with this?
I'll be checking this weekend and just wanted to see if anyone else had any experiance with a similar problem. TIA, Walter

jholewka

Reaction score
Well Walter I see we have one other thing in common besides Rovers. I have a 97 disco so I don't know if I can help with this one but I'm sure somewhere down the road I'll be able to give a hand. Have you checked out these guys....www.projectobject.com You can email off list as not to get off subjects.
Regards
Jim
97 disco
92 RR

Roverhound

Reaction score
Tht site looks intriguing but I can't get the sound links to work. I'll try later.
I already had a good idea what the code was pointing to but was just wondering if anyone had any specific information about where to look. I sure it's a vacuum leak after the MAF.
I was hoping someone had the crystal ball. Gotta go, Ms. Pinky's callin'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99