P38 Disaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenry02

Reaction score
Hello, Good to join!
My 2002 P38 has been a pretty good truck - we've had to replace air suspension a couple of times, and last May had to do a major overhaul (water pump, serpantine belt, head gaskets - ugh).
Well, today, my hubby and son took off to go dove hunting and on their way home it made a horrible noise and apparently the serpantine belt or a pulley flew off, shredding the fan belt shroud and causing coolant to spew everywhere. He limped it home - smoking and the whole nine yards. I only saw the aftermath - belt off, plastic shredded - ugly.
The work we had done in May - the replacement of the belt, the water pump, etc. - we are hoping there is at least some warranty on the parts, the work, SOMETHING.
But my question is, what in the world would cause that to happen??? We've not had any major problems or symptoms really, so I'm clueless as to what happened??
Has this happened to anyone else, and what had to be replaced at what cost??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about the site issues, but I did reply the other day.

Belt should have a warranty, but it will not cover other damage

Now the question is how long did they drive it after the belt broke, less than 2 miles all should be good... 10 minutes or so... and you may need a new engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM