Part number for 2012 tpms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the sensors sold by tpmsdirect are not genuine Land Rover parts - at least the ones I got were not. Mine arrived with the logo of whatever car company they were intended for clearly scratched off, no mention of Land Rover part #s anywhere. They were rectangular, no rounded sides. They also didn't look much like the ones pictured above (although the web site does mention that items may differ from photo.) However, they worked right away - never even got a fault message after they were mounted on - and saved me 100+ bucks over the cheapest OEM price I could find (through bputah.com), so who cares.

Thanks for the info. I think that helps clear up some of the confusion.

I may order from that site because 1. you had success with them and 2. they do list 2013 on the site, which most dont.

Ill probably order them now and then update the thread once I get them on and tested. I need to find a tire place that gives half a damn and can properly balance tires, and then do the rods and alignment at a rover dealer.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest you pick a tire shop equipped with a Hunter Road Force balancing machine, that's always a good start. If the shop invested in and was trained on that type of sophisticated equipment (the same used by your dealer, and the only balancer Land Rover recommends for its vehicles), it normally means they care about doing it right the first time. Search for your nearest shop here: http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest you pick a tire shop equipped with a Hunter Road Force balancing machine, that's always a good start. If the shop invested in and was trained on that type of sophisticated equipment (the same used by your dealer, and the only balancer Land Rover recommends for its vehicles), it normally means they care about doing it right the first time. Search for your nearest shop here: http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

+1 Million good advice right here!

I ended up just turning my TPMS off as I check the tire pressure after every hand wash. Usually weekly.

The IIDTOOL is very nice for this.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think tpms has value. I want to know if a tire has a puncture and is loosing pressure when I am at speed. If i've got a trailer, or already let my pressure down and im off road.

You can fix a small puncture or issue with a tire that is loosing air, but if you don't see it or feel it until it is flat, the sidewall goes way out and you run a much higher chance of destroying the tire completely. Having more information and that extra bit of warning is worth this hassle of finding sensors.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these: http://www.tpmsdirect.com/Land_Rover_LR4_TPMS_Sensor_p/1055-20.htm

and I got the real deal: Jag/Land Rover part! Note, its the continental part.

IMG_20130812_181217_zps1d1730ff.jpg

IMG_20130812_181225_zpscd3d5d4d.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, mine just arrived yesterday from TPMS Direct and they are the real Land Rover sensors. A set of used 2011 wheels should arrive today and Nokian Hakka R2 SUV tires are on order as well.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol figures! I'm happy you guys got the right part though!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM