Passenger airbag warning light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever have the passenger airbag warning light stay on?
It's telling me that it is turned off.

Makes no sense!!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the time, when my duffel is on there. If you have something on that seat that is about the weight of a small child, the passenger airbag will be deactivated and the light will turn on. This is to keep the child from being killed by the adult sized force the airbag will create. If, however the light does that with no-one in it or someone who is not a stick-thin super model, seek professional assistance.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have something on the seat, and when I went home I left it empty and the light stayed off.

Thanks for the advice, and yet another reason why this site and it's people are awesome!!!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a nifty little feature. However, my dog turns it off when he sits in the front, so now he's gonna just fly right through the window :(
For my purposes (actually, for the dogs purposes) it would be better if I could turn off the auto turn off feature. It would be even better if he'd stay in the back...but he will have NONE of that!

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
roverman said:
It's a nifty little feature. However, my dog turns it off when he sits in the front, so now he's gonna just fly right through the window :(
For my purposes (actually, for the dogs purposes) it would be better if I could turn off the auto turn off feature. It would be even better if he'd stay in the back...but he will have NONE of that!

So you can enable the airbag to break your dogs neck??

Last edited by a moderator:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like it to be quick and painless. ;)
i am not sure, but as a 40 lb. projectile he'd have a better chance if he stayed in the car. Also, I'm not exactly looking for answers, because they do make harnesses to buckle dogs in. I think that if I could leave the airbag on, I would...but I don't think I can so I'll just be careful....and up his insurance policy ha ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM