Passenger Seat wiring info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

2006 LR3 HSE 74,000 mi.
Does anyone know where the connection or sensor is located for the Passenger Seat SRS/Airbag system?

Here's the issue;
I had to move the passenger seat forward as well as tilt the seat back forward to make room for a bunch of boxes and stuff I was cramming into the cargo area. All rear seat backs were folded forward. I also had about 5lbs. worth of books on the front passenger seat.

When I started the vehicle, the dash made a chime and the red air bag warning light came on. Also, the Pass Seat air bag off indicator on the console turned off at the same time.

I removed the books from the passenger seat and moved the seat back to it's normal position but now I get the red warning light and chime on the dash every time.

Troubleshooting 101: "What was the last thing I did right before the problem occurred". Moved the seat.. Most likely a loose or pulled electrical connection right?

Rather then randomly poking around at all the wiring under that seat, I am hoping someone can point me to the location of the air bag/ occupancy sensor wiring and connection portion under that seat.

Thx !! :biggrin:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull the plastic cover off the front of the passenger seat there is a large harness connector with a bolt in the middle of it. If the bolt is loose it is possible the connector came loose. However if that bolt/screw is still tight I doubt that is the problem. Worth a quick check though..

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull the plastic cover off the front of the passenger seat there is a large harness connector with a bolt in the middle of it. If the bolt is loose it is possible the connector came loose. However if that bolt/screw is still tight I doubt that is the problem. Worth a quick check though..

The bolt was tight.. Well sort of tight. I tightened it some more and now it's loose. I think I might have pulled the captive nut out.
Car wouldn't start this morning so now I'm working on that issue.

Last edited:

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I reinserted the captive nut and reconnected the harness. No change to the problem.

I don't think it's pure coincidence that the pretensioner or seat sensor died at the same time i moved the seat all the way forward.

Most of the electrical issues I have had on this car were due to a loose or corroded connector. Dealer wants $130 just to hookup their code scanner. Any suggestions?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To clear any codes related to the srs system you will have to hook up the code scanner. Unfortunately I think that is the next step.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635