PIAA Windshield Wiper FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
As many of you know PIAA makes a super cool windshield wiper blade setup that works uber well.

But at $40 for a set is it really worth it?

Well, you can buy replacement blades for $15 / set. Get Refill pack 8. They will slip right into a stock D1 wiper setup.

Justin

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Justin, where does one find these PIAA blades? Living in missouri we only see new technolgy in pictures. I'm clueless! Thank You! LRW.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weathertech.com is one of places where you can get them.

I had pair on my XTerra and Disco inherited them (X got new ones). They are working ... (got them about yr ago). However - they are working well only if your windshield is VERY smooth. Me X has all sorts of small usuall invisible chips (can be seen only if you nearly lay down on glass level) from driving around CO roads, and wipers worked pretty badly. And silicone covering on windshield is just plain silly as it getting washed away by all those windshield anti-bug liquids pretty much right away. Heck - rain-X washer fluid works way better. And they are pretty crappy in temperatures below freezing.

On Disco, however they do quite nicely now (windshield is pretty smooth presently). However i think that buying cheap but effective blades and swapping them every season or two - is much better.

In my experience PIAA makes nice products, but each one of them can be replaced with about same quality but lower-priced units (we talking wipers, lights & etc).

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Sergei. I have bought floor mats from weathertech for years, but was again clueless to the rest of the products that they offer. I have a fairly rough windshield in the Rover now due to the third world conditions of the roads in missouri, but it will be replaced soon w/upcoming M.V.I. Thanks for the info Cranky Russian Dude. (You don't really seem to be that cranky!) LRW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM