Pick up LR3 at auction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering picking up a used '05 LR3 w/ low miles.

Auction pricing is very attractive, any special considerations or things to look out for in getting one from Mannheim, et al? Warranty issues, special lemon concerns, etc?

We're needing more space than our Allroad offers. Sadly the Q7 is half mini-van while not many larger SUVs have, for me, bearable on-road driving dynamics (i.e. GX). LR3 reliability stories are concerning, I'm hoping the new recall settles the most concerning issues.

Thanks.

N

NHESS81

I would avoid it if possible...my D1 is from an auction, but damn, its a lot easier to fix than the LR3 issues....however, you might get lucky like me and have no major problems either....will the auction say why the vehicle is there (i.e. just late payments, lease default, repossesion...etc)? If its anything but 'owner wants to sell it' I would think buying is ok....

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be able to tell if it's coming from LR finance (off lease) versus another source... looks like I can get an HSE w/ about 8k miles for $33k. Can probably get the VINs ahead of auction as well..

Maybe a dealer could cut me almost as good a deal but their starting asking prices are so much higher it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

Last edited:
N

NHESS81

Oh I doubt a dealer would get anywhere near a good deal...lol...be nice if you can pick one up with all the warranty papers still in effect!! Hope you can join the Land Rover family though!

V

viprstryc

Hi guys, new to the forum and looking to purchase a HSE as what Dropper was mentioning about. Can anyone direct me to a good place to purchase a HSE with low miles around the price dropper is getting for.

Thanks all.
dropper said:
Considering picking up a used '05 LR3 w/ low miles.

Auction pricing is very attractive, any special considerations or things to look out for in getting one from Mannheim, et al? Warranty issues, special lemon concerns, etc?

We're needing more space than our Allroad offers. Sadly the Q7 is half mini-van while not many larger SUVs have, for me, bearable on-road driving dynamics (i.e. GX). LR3 reliability stories are concerning, I'm hoping the new recall settles the most concerning issues.

Thanks.

V

viprstryc

Wow, this forum is weak. No responders and not too many members.. Cya.

viprstryc said:
Hi guys, new to the forum and looking to purchase a HSE as what Dropper was mentioning about. Can anyone direct me to a good place to purchase a HSE with low miles around the price dropper is getting for.

Thanks all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo