Piper cam installation in 98 Disco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ugly

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to upgrade the camshaft, in a Disco, to a Piper cam? If so, is it mandatory to upgrade the ECU chip? Also are there any other manufacturers of camshafts for the Land Rover v8?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, never heard of a Piper cam, so I don't know how big a cam you are talking about. What year/engine? Go on the LRRF and post this question, a number of their members have changed out their cams.

Ugly

Reaction score
Google search Piper Cams, I believe they are the only manufacturers of high performance cams for Rover v8. I think the one I looked at had a .432 lift. Maybe a 260 duration. Not too wild but certainly an improvement over factory. Here's the website http://www.v8engines.com/engine-6a.htm
Several cams to choose from, the RP4 is the one I am looking at.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not worth the effort unless you plan on having the heads opened up new and larger valve and spring fuel injectors revamped, headers and an exhaust system.
Have you gone to the LRRF yet, haven't seen you ask the people who have done light cams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink