Poll: LR3 Reliability

In your opinion, how reliable is your LR3?

• Above average (very reliable)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Average (reliable)

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Below average (very unreliable)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum and thought it was a good idea given all the questions around the LR3's reliability. Typically on forums you only hear when someone is having an issue - very rarely do people post a thread about how great their car has been :biggrin: So this will give everyone an opportunity to "vote" on where they feel their LR3 sits in terms of reliability.

When you view this thread please vote regardless of whether you have a comment!:hello:

-Rich

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can add a couple more answers?

If I'm answering honestly, I would have to say the LR3 was slightly below average, but I would not call it unreliable in any sense. I just bought it knowing I'd have a few more issues at each scheduled service call than I would with another vehicle, which I did.

very re
slightly re
average
slightly un
very un

If you want to keep it simple, I'll throw an "Average" vote in there...but I'll be lying. :)

DonA

Reaction score
It's more the little annoyances than poor reliability. ie: the intermittent steering wheel radio buttons, random engine idle fluctuations, e-brakes locking up at highway speeds :hmpf:

But it did leave me stranded once in 31,000 miles, which is why I give it a below average, a $45k+ vehicle of this era should not have uninitiated e-brake lockups

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can add a couple more answers?

If I'm answering honestly, I would have to say the LR3 was slightly below average, but I would not call it unreliable in any sense. I just bought it knowing I'd have a few more issues at each scheduled service call than I would with another vehicle, which I did.

very re
slightly re
average
slightly un
very un

If you want to keep it simple, I'll throw an "Average" vote in there...but I'll be lying. :)

A few more options probably would have been a good idea, but since there are already a number of votes I think I'd better leave it the way it is to keep from affecting the sample (i.e. I don't know how to edit the poll now :biggrin:).

-Rich

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's more the little annoyances than poor reliability. ie: the intermittent steering wheel radio buttons, random engine idle fluctuations, e-brakes locking up at highway speeds :hmpf:

But it did leave me stranded once in 31,000 miles, which is why I give it a below average, a $45k+ vehicle of this era should not have uninitiated e-brake lockups

Interesting - I probably should have explained more what I meant when I put down the options. In my opinion, for a car of this class, anything that makes you take it to the dealer (outside of maintanence) falls in to the "unreliable" category. As those add up, it can make it below average for reliability. In my case, even though we've had a few issues, it still doesn't fall in to the "unreliable" category - I put ours at average. However, if it ever left me stranded somewhere (or God forbid my wife), I would definitely put it in the unreliable category!

-Rich

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich, didn't you just contradict yourself?

You typed "...anything that makes you take it to the dealer (outside of maintanence) falls in to the "unreliable" category."

...and then you typed: "...even though we've had a few issues, it still doesn't fall in to the "unreliable" category."

If I wasn't confused before, I sure am now !

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich, didn't you just contradict yourself?

You typed "...anything that makes you take it to the dealer (outside of maintanence) falls in to the "unreliable" category."

...and then you typed: "...even though we've had a few issues, it still doesn't fall in to the "unreliable" category."

If I wasn't confused before, I sure am now !

Not really. The poll says "In your opinion" - basically what I'm saying is do you feel it is above average, average or below average reliability (where reliability is based on anything that requires a dealer service outside of maintanence). It is your opinion on whether it is reliable or not - just because it has been in the shop doesn't mean it is below average reliability. It is all relative based on your experiences with cars.

-Rich

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...it's been in the shop more than any other car I've ever owned, so I call it unreliable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112