Preferred washer fluids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to replenish the LR4's reservoir and am wary of Rain-X from streaking reports on my Touareg forum. What's good?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What streaking? I've used Rain X washer fluid for over 10 years with nary a complaint, but I'm always open to something new or better.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, big fan of RainX washer fluid and even knock-off versions of it on occasion. This thread reminds me that I need new front wiper blades.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rain X washer fluid here too, very happy with it.

And I need new wiper blades, waiting for Atlantic British to offer the winter blades with the rubber boots. I now use the winter rear blade with the rubber boot year round since so much road grime sticks to the rear wiper. Then I clean it with alcohol about once a month to remove the grime.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to try that. I love P21S products, their bodywork shampoo is the best car wash I have ever used. Paintwork cleaner works great after winter too. Just wish Land Rover could match the paint quality I had on the various Audi vehicles I have owned.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no LR recommended washer fluid?

My '16 handbook only says "Windshield wash with frost protection" as specification under the Lubricants and Fluids table on page 268.

Disservice at the the local stealership handed me a very small 6 oz bottle of some generic brand for $3, saying that thats what they use for topping off LR4s at their place. Directions on the bottle ask for it to be diluted with water first:

IMG_E1366.JPG
IMG_E1367.JPG

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bottle is made by GUNK. They make lots of cleaning products. Not endorsing it as I've never used it and didn't know it existed, just saying it's not a "no name" brand.

https://www.gunk.com/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99