Problems with Rear Suspension and Handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I better get proper part names and numbers for clarification then. I still think it would be best if it was more then just me sending this info. As I am a diy-er the opinion of me over a mechanic will be much less. I simply see the failures in multiple places and believe it has already caused one wreck. How many more wrecks have there been from people that just drive them?? We are in a small percentage of the population on this board. I wonder if the uk guys are having the same problem?

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rogo, did you ever have an alignment done at an indy shop or otherwise have an occassion where that bolt would've been removed (like for a rear bushing replacement)?

I bought the truck 2 years old... And had no major work done prior to the accident. I don't know for sure what was done before I owned it.

Checking the tie rod jamb nut tightness and inspecting these bolts is on my PM list for the next oil change/tire rotation. ... of course the right hand bolt is almost brand new :wink:

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get something out of the deal :) The right rear whel was not too damaged to keep, but the insurance replaced it. I was able to keep the old wheel and get a full size spare. And rather than replace tires with the same, I only had to pay for two tires and got Yok Geloander ATS 265's...

trying to find the silver lining. It was very traumatic and I was very lucky not to roll, hit anyone else, or go over the guardrail into the highway below. No one was hurt, and it appears that we can learn from it...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... of course the right hand bolt is almost brand new :wink:

It's strangely coincidental that in every reported instance, on this and other forums, the bolt that snapped was always the right-hand one.

Last edited:

mrdstr

Reaction score
where would one find the torque specs for suspension bolts? New to the LR3 and looking for a good maintenance manual (like a Bentley). Any recommendations?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry no manual :frown:!! Several people have logged into some website for the info. I usually buy parts from my local dealer and they have always answered any questions I have had....I may pay more but they are local and the parts guys seem to be pretty good....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink